The most important Elxis features.
Elxis is a powerful and rich CMS having many of the features you will need for your site built-in. You can extend more Elxis by installing additional extensions. This article lists the most important Elxis features you will find built-in.
- High quality object oriented programming in PHP5 (ready for PHP6).
- PDO database layer
- Multiligual user interface and content.
- Mobile and tablet friendly version.
- External authentication methods like Twitter, Gmail, OpenId, etc...
- Extendable and configurable user groups and permissions.
- Elxis Defender, Security Level, SSL/TLS, encryption and other security related features.
- Problem notification (automatic email notifications to site's technical manager on security alerts, fatal errors, and more).
- File and APC cache.
- Small footprint
- Multi-sites support
- Right-To-Left languages support.
- Sub-categories of any level.
- Multi-functional articles and categories.
- Built-in commentary system.
- RSS/ATOM feeds per category.
- APIs for all core features makes developer work extremely easy.
- Open search - search through your browser's search box.
- Multiple supported doctypes - XHTML 5, HTML 5, XHTML 1.1 tranditional, XHTML 1.1 strict.
- Mobile ready
- Custom exit pages (page not found, forbidden, error, etc)
- Extendable search system (search for content, images, videos, and more).
- Image galleries
- Contact forms
- Multi-level suckerfish style menus.
- Highly configurable category and article pages.
- jQuery ready.
- Site traffic statistics.
- Highly configurable frontpage.
- Easy and powerful internal linking system and search engine friendly URLs (Elxis URIs).
- One-click extension install/update/un-install.
- Elxis repository
- Powerful templating system for the site's frontend and backend sections.
- Visitors can display dates based on their own location.
- Automatic generation and expansion of menus for components.
- Performance monitor
- System debug with many report levels.
- One-click complete file system and database backup.
- System logs (logging errors, security alerts, install/update/un-install actions, and more).
- WYSIWYG editor with many features like spell checker, image uploading, styling, and more
- Media manager
- Translations manager
- FTP support
- UTF-8 support
- Users central, members list and rich user profile.
- Custom icon packages
It has been read 1402 times